Our Homelessness Services
Our charity offers a range of homelessness services to people who are experiencing homelessness in Mackay and surrounds.
Services we offer include:
- Street Kits, Care Packs & Swags
- Assessment and referrals
- Crisis food & Pay-It-Forward meals for those not eligible for other food services (provided from Chances Cafe Mackay)
- Crisis/Relief accommodation (when funding allows)
- Peer support and medical/mental health assistance
- Employment and support services within Chances Cafe (when positions are available)
- Food vouchers, haircuts, tents, bicycles and accessories (when funding allows)
- Clothing and basic essentials from our op shop - Chances Op Shop (7 Victoria St, Mackay)
To access our services, or to refer a client, please present to Chances Cafe (172 Shakespeare Street, Mackay) within opening hours or call us on 0424157155.
You will be required to complete an intake assessment before any services are provided. This takes approximately 30 minutes. Crisis accommodation is only available to people who have no other option and therefore if there is availability in a suitable hostel/shelter, we will refer you to that service before providing any crisis accommodation.
Service providers may also download and complete Client Referral Form below to speed up the process and make direct referrals for their clients who are experiencing homelessness. Please send this completed form to our case management team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Homelessness employment: To apply for a position within Chances Cafe, please email your resume and a brief summary of your current homelessness situation to email@example.com or call Chances Cafe on 0466487024.