Our Homelessness Services
Our charity offers a range of homelessness services to people who are experiencing homelessness in Mackay and surrounds.
Services we offer include:
- Street Kits, Care Packs & Swags
- Assessment and referrals
- Crisis food & Pay-It-Forward meals for those not eligible for other food services (provided from Chances Op & Coffee Shop)
- Crisis/Relief accommodation (when donation funding allows)
- Peer support and medical/mental health assistance thanks to Mackay Community Foundation
- Employment and support services within Chances Coffee Shop (when positions are available)
- Food vouchers, haircuts, tents, bicycles and accessories (when funding allows)
- Clothing and basic essentials from our op shop - Chances Op & Coffee Shop (7 Victoria St, Mackay)
To access our services, or to refer a client, please present to Chances Op & Coffee Shop between 9am and 12pm Mon - Fri, or call 0424157155 during business hours.
You will be required to complete an intake assessment before any services are provided. This takes approximately 30 minutes. Crisis accommodation is only available to people who have no other option and therefore if there is availability in a suitable hostel/shelter, we will refer you to that service before providing any crisis accommodation.
Service providers may also download and complete Client Referral Form below to speed up the process and make direct referrals for their clients who are experiencing homelessness. Please send this completed form to our case management team at: email@example.com